The first tracking app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch gets important updates in version 2.5 to safeguard against iJacking, including camera support to snap pictures of thieves in the act
SAN FRANCISCO and PORTLAND, Oregon – MobilityWire® – January 27, 2011
ActiveTrak Inc. (www.activetrak.com), producer of the GadgetTrak® loss and theft recovery software for mobile devices, today announced the availability of GadgetTrak for iOS version 2.5, the most advanced device and data protection service available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The award-winning GadgetTrak tracking technology now features push notifications, camera support for iPhone 4 and current gen iPod touch users, and email notification in addition to its already impressive list of features. GadgetTrak for iOS is tamper-proof, preventing thieves from modifying the application settings or avoiding being tracked.
“Apple aficionados depend on their iPhones, iPads and iPods more than they do their wallets, and require a technology to protect these devices against loss and iJacking,” said Ian Schray, director of product marketing at ActiveTrak. “This latest edition of GadgetTrak is the most comprehensive iOS protection available, and includes many features driven by the feedback we received from our users, particularly our web-camera support.”
Key features of GadgetTrak for iOS version 2.5 include:
- Push notifications: Send a message to your phone alerting the person who has it that you’re tracking them.
- Camera support: Trigger a photo from device camera, which will be discreetly sent to you via email. This feature is supported for iPhone 4 and current-gen iPod touch users and is available for in-app purchase for 99 cents for unlimited uses.
- Email tracking support: Receive emails to your preferred account with all tracking information and the photo. This feature is also available as part of the Camera support in-app purchase.
- Advanced Positioning: Locate your device using a combination of GPS, Wi-Fi positioning and cell tower positioning, even if the device is indoors.
- Tamper proof: Once activated, the software settings cannot be modified on the device and access to the app requires a user-set 4-digit PIN. Even if access is granted, tracking cannot be deactivated without logging into the owner’s account at www.trak.me.
Once downloaded, the GadgetTrak app works on as many devices as you have registered with your iTunes account. GadgetTrak for iOS keeps running in the background and checking the device’s location every ten minutes. Even if the app is quit manually, GadgetTrak will still register that a major location change has occurred, all without draining the battery.
“No other solution as widely protects your Apple devices as GadgetTrak,” adds Schray. “In addition to storing historical tracking data about your device, GadgetTrak also provides an unparalleled level of encryption and security, giving iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users peace of mind about protecting their data. People can save themselves from the headache and disruption that comes with losing one of these devices by making sure GadgetTrak is installed and running on their devices.”
Regularly priced at $3.99, for a limited time the app will be available in the iTunes app store for 99 cents. GadgetTrak is the only cross-platform mobile protection software available, allowing iPhone, iPad and iPod touch addicts to use a single account to manage Mac and Windows laptops, as well as other mobile devices they may have, including Android or BlackBerry smartphones, media tablets and other MP3 players.
For more information about GadgetTrak for iOS version 2.5 and other GadgetTrak offerings visit http://www.gadgettrak.com/products/iphone.
ActiveTrak Inc. is a leading provider of innovative and patented tracking and data protection solutions for laptops, smartphones, and portable media devices. The company’s consumer product, GadgetTrak, delivers the most advanced theft recovery software available for consumers and businesses today. ActiveTrak not only provides the technology to recover and protect data on devices, but also recovery assistance. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon. For more information visit www.ActiveTrak.com.
# # #
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.us/ij