appMobi to unveil first-of-its-kind technology that will change the way mobile apps are developed, discovered and distributed
LANCASTER, Penn. – MobilityWire® – February 2, 2011
appMobi® (www.appmobi.com) provides platform-as-a-service (PaaS) mobile application tools for mobile operators, device manufacturers, brands and large content providers. appMobi’s mobile application development suite allows these companies to rapidly build functional mobile application ecosystems that include standards-based app development, monetization, engagement, distribution and analytics tools.
The company will be showcasing its mobile app ecosystem building technologies, including the debut of new technology for developing, discovering and distributing mobile applications, and a preview of its soon-to-be announced industry changing mCommerce services, at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2011 (MWC) conference and exposition in Barcelona, Spain, February 14 to 17 in booth 2.1D50.
appMobi’s technology suite includes:
- Cross-Platform HTML5-based App Development – The appMobi XDK allows Web developers of all skill levels to use familiar tools and programming languages to create robust, fully customized mobile applications that take advantage of all the native features available on smartphone and tablet platforms. The XDK tools include app•lab – the first mobile app test environment that allows developers to test their apps instantly on target smartphones located anywhere in the world.
- Cloud-Based App Build/Deploy/Update Services – appMobi offers a patent-pending cloud build service for creating finished apps for iOS, Android (and soon, BlackBerry) platforms. appMobi also enables Over-the-Air updates of deployed apps using high performance edge-cached servers.
- Services to Support Deployed Apps – mCommerce, Push Messaging, Analytics – These Cloud-based tools provide much-needed capabilities to installed apps such as in-app one touch purchasing, detailed app usage analytics, and targetable multimedia push notifications for all supported operating systems.
appMobi will have important news at MWC and is providing the following resources for media:
- A stand at ShowStoppers – held Sunday, February 13 from 5:00 to 7:30 P.M. (17:00 to 19:30) at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I, Av. Diagonal 661 – 671 – 08028 – Barcelona. Contact info for press registration at ShowStoppers is available at http://www.showstoppers.com/?page_id=241.
- A microsite for news from MWC at https://sites.google.com/site/appmobimwc2011/
- Online press kit available at http://appmobi.mobilitypr.com
- Virtual Press Office (VPO) press kit in conjunction with MWC
- Media availability of appMobi executives, including:
- David Kennedy, CEO
- Sam Abadir, CTO
- Joe Monastiero, vice president of business development
- Roy Smith, vice president of marketing
To receive news under embargo or arrange meetings with appMobi executives at MWC, please contact appMobi media contacts:
- John Sidline (On site at MWC): +1 503 989 5474 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Holly Woolard: +1 503 360 7144 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Melissa Burns: +1 208 850 5939 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- All appMobi media contacts can be reached by email at email@example.com.
appMobi® provides integrated tools and services for creating complete mobile application ecosystems and supporting large-scale developer communities. At the core of appMobi’s technology are its revolutionary cloud-based development, deployment and monetization tools that let millions of Web developers of all skill levels quickly build and test mobile apps with full native functionality for multiple smartphone and tablet devices and operating systems. appMobi’s turnkey, white label platform-as-a-service offering enables device manufacturers, network operators or any business to establish wide-reaching mobile app ecosystems and fully featured app stores under their own brand. For more information visit www.appmobi.com.
# # #
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.us/in