Leading companies and industry experts bring broad range of experience and services to newly formed Apps Alliance
Google, RIM, Brad Feld, Robert Scoble and others join Alliance in commitment to serve developers, drive industry innovation and growth
Washington, D.C. – MobilityWire® – April 2, 2012
Many of the top names in application development, app integration and digital media have joined the Application Developers Alliance and are among its founding board of directors. The board will convene for the first time April 24 in San Francisco.
The Apps Alliance Board will be responsible for guiding the organization, formally launched Jan. 3, 2012, to deliver services to developers and drive innovation and growth within the development industry. Since its formation three months ago, Apps Alliance membership has already grown to more than 4,500 individual developers and 45 corporate members and service sponsors.
“It’s gratifying that such significant individuals and companies are supporting our mission of providing developers with more resources to power innovation and growth,” said Alliance founder and President Jon Potter. “By joining together in support of app developers, they’re acknowledging that small and medium-sized developers are a critical source of talent and innovation that has to be cultivated for the whole industry to succeed.”
The board members bring a broad range of relevant expertise to the Alliance, including global platforms Google and RIM; content publishers AT&T Interactive and CBS Interactive; leading tool developers and application producers such as Media Chaperone, TMSOFT, Locaid Technologies, appMobi and The Echo Nest; and evangelists and innovators like Robert Scoble, Joel Spolsky and Brad Feld.
The full board includes:
- Philippe Browning, Vice President, Advertising and Operations, CBS Interactive
- Don Dodge, Developer Advocate, Google
- Brad Feld, Co-founder, Foundry Group
- Mike Fordyce, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Publisher Products & Partnership Management, AT&T Interactive
- Josh Hartwell, CEO, Mobile Deluxe
- David Kennedy, CEO, appMobi
- Ed Lewis, CEO and Founder, Media Chaperone
- Jim Lucchese, CEO, The Echo Nest
- Andrew Maltin, CEO and Co-founder, MEDL Mobile
- Josh Matthews, CEO and Co-founder, Apkudo, Inc.
- Todd Moore, Founder, TMSOFT
- Naomi Morita, Vice President, Product Development, Locaid Technologies
- Grant Neerings, Chief Technology Officer, DIY Media Services
- Jose A. Vallés Núñez, Director, BlueVia
- Alec Saunders, Vice President Developer Relations and Ecosystem Development, RIM
- Robert Scoble, Startup Liason Officer and Developer Evangelist, Rackspace
- David Simon, Managing Director, Woobaa Games, Inc.
- Joel Spolsky, CEO and co-founder, StackExchange.com
The Alliance provides application developers with tools, resources and services to help them grow, learn and create. Its services include training and education, business development support; public policy advocacy, and access to an online collaboration network for developers.
About Application Developers Alliance
The Application Developers Alliance is newly formed industry association dedicated to meeting the unique needs of application developers. The Apps Alliance supports developers of every type, across all languages and platforms and works to make building, testing and shipping great apps easier for all developers. Alliance members include more than 3000 individual application developers, software entrepreneurs and leaders, and beneficiaries of application innovation. Visit us at appalliance.org.
# # #
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.co/HFjxfe