SAN FRANCISCO – MobilityWire® – July 13, 2012
appMobi (www.appmobi.com) today announced two of the company’s lead developers and HTML5 evangelists will present at top HTML5 developer conferences in July.
Andrew Smith will speak at Mobile + Web DevCon on July 19, 2012, in a session titled “The Future of the Application is the Web – Lessons We Learned from the Creation of mobiUs.”
Tyler Smith will speak at DevCon5 on July 23, 2012, in a session titled “Creating Massively Cross-Platform Games with One HTML5 Code Base.”
appMobi will have the following resources available for attendees of both events:
- Online press kit available at www.appmobi.mobilitypr.com
- Media availability of appMobi spokespersons
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule to meet appMobi at Mobile + Web DevCon or DevCon5
Mobile + Web DevCon
- Who: Andrew Smith, appMobi developer evangelist
- What: Case Study: The Future of the Application is the Web – Lessons We Learned from the Creation of mobiUs: This session will address appMobi’s creation of mobiUs, a browser application designed to give web apps access to native resources on a device. The presentation will cover the research that led appMobi to conceive of and create the browser and the vision for the future of mobile applications mobiUs was designed to enable.
- When: 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. PST, July 19, 2012
- Where: Mobile + Web DevCon at the Marines’ Memorial Club & Hotel in San Francisco, Calif.
DevCon5, taking place at the Kimmel Center in New York City, was created for web developers, software architects, graphic artists and business executives seeking a deeper understanding of the power of HTML5. Over the two-day event, there will be a multi-track program covering the most important topics related to HTML5 adoption, including: gaming and mobile, user interface and browser compatibility with HTML5. For further details, visit www.devconfive.com
- Who: appMobi HTML5 game developer/evangelist Tyler Smith.
- What: Porting your game to HTML5 for peak cross platform performance: This session will address the issues that game developers face when creating or porting games to HTML5, for both desktop and mobile delivery. The talk will cover typical performance problems and will show coding methods to minimize or avoid them. Since HTML5 games can be delivered to both desktop and mobile devices, the presenters will cover tools and methods for creating the best user experience across mobile platforms.
- When: 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. EST, July 23, 2012
- Where: DevCon5 takes place at the Kimmel Center in New York City.
To receive future news from appMobi or to arrange a meeting with appMobi executives, contact Melissa Burns at +1-208-850-5939 (mobile, can receive text messages). All appMobi media contacts can be reached by email at email@example.com.
appMobi’s technology allows mobile app developers to support HTML5 and native app platforms with just one code base, and to deploy and service their apps on multiple platforms, including the Open Web. In 2011, the company released several of its core technologies as open source, including its cross platform mobile device API, mobiUs Web browser, the jqMobi app framework and directCanvas HTML5 game acceleration. appMobi was named “Most Promising Tech Company for 2012” by ReadWriteWeb and earned a spot on the SDTimes 100 list this year. For more information, visit http://www.appmobi.com.
appMobi is a registered trademark of appMobi Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
# # #
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this press release online: http://bit.ly/Mkzk9p