Cambridge, Mass. – MobilityWire® – February 9, 2009
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a leading developer of software that meets the challenging and ever-changing needs of mobile operators, device manufacturers, mobile application developers and consumers worldwide. The company will be showcasing its core mobile technologies at the upcoming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, February 16-19 in booth 1E31 in Hall 1. These mobile technologies include:
- ThunderHawkTM – a fast, scalable client/server based mobile browsing technology for carriers and OEMs, provides an uncompromised browsing experience, rendering full HTML websites on all types of mobile devices. ThunderHawk utilizes the WebKit rendering engine to deliver the same web page layout found on desktop browsers and offers high standards compliance such as AJAX, and flash video support. Built with proprietary compression, navigation and rendering technologies, ThunderHawk enables users to find and read information quickly and easily. ThunderHawk mobile browsing technology supports J2ME, as well as non-J2ME environments though a C++ SDK.
- BOLTTM – a mobile browser for consumers, built on ThunderHawk technology. It is the fastest mobile browser currently available – consistently 25-50% faster than competing mobile browsers. BOLT offers a feature-rich, desktop-style browsing experience even on entry-level mobile phones. It is compatible with virtually any handset that supports Java ME (commonly referred to as J2ME) including the BlackBerry platform; in other words BOLT works on lots of phones, from low-end handsets through high-end smartphones.
- Bitstream Font Fusion® – a font engine optimized for resource-constrained systems such as mobile handsets. It is the core font technology behind ThunderHawk and BOLT. Font Fusion renders industry standard and proprietary font formats and produces the absolute best possible text output with extremely fast performance on any device at any resolution.
- Bitstream PanoramaTM – a line layout engine that enables the composition of text in all of the world’s languages, through a single API. Bitstream Panorama includes support for positioning, substitution and rendering of characters in complex scripts such as Arabic and Indic.
Bitstream will have news at Mobile World Congress 2009 (MWC) and is providing the following resources for media:
- A stand at ShowStoppers – held Sunday, February 15 from 5:00 to 7:30 P.M. (17:00 to 19:30) at the Hotel Majestic, 68 Passeig de Gracia. Press registration information for ShowStoppers is available at http://www.showstoppers.com/events2/about_mwc.html.
- Online press kit available at http://bitstream.mobilitypr.com
- News bulletins issued via Twitter: http://twitter.com/boltbrowser
- Media availability of CEO Anna Chagnon and Vice President of Research and Development Sampo Kaasila.
To receive news under embargo or arrange meetings with Bitstream executives at MWC, please contact Bitstream media contacts:
- John Sidline (On site at MWC): +1 503 989 5474 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Michelle Laird: +1 503 343 4130
- Holly Woolard: +1 503 343 4144
- Melissa Burns: +1 208 946 4849
- All Bitstream media contacts can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a software development company focused on bringing unique software products to a wide variety of markets. The company’s core software products include award-winning fonts and font rendering software, mobile browsing and variable data publishing and web-to-print software for personalized marketing. For more information about Bitstream please visit www.bitstream.com.