MARLBOROUGH, Massachusetts – MobilityWire® – March 17, 2010
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a leading developer of software that meets the challenging and ever-changing needs of mobile operators, device manufacturers, mobile application developers and consumers worldwide. The company will be showcasing its mobile technologies at the upcoming CTIA WIRELESS in Las Vegas, Nevada, March 23 to 25 in booth 122. These mobile technologies include:
- BOLT™ – the only WebKit-based cloud-computing browser built for mobile phones of all types. Offering the highest quality page rendering and best over-the-air data compression ratio of any J2ME browser, BOLT provides the most fully featured browsing experience to all levels of mobile devices. With streaming video, widget support, social networking integration, copy and paste and a host of other advanced features, BOLT offers a feature-rich, desktop-style browsing experience even on entry-level mobile phones. It is compatible with virtually any handset that supports Java ME (commonly referred to as J2ME) including the BlackBerry platform; in other words BOLT works on lots of phones, from low-end handsets through high-end smartphones.
- Bitstream Font Fusion® – a font engine optimized for resource-constrained systems such as mobile handsets. It is the core font technology behind the BOLT mobile browser. A highly versatile font subsystem, Font Fusion renders high quality characters in any format, at any resolution, on any platform or device. The subsystem offers the fastest performance and best possible text output currently available.
- Bitstream Panorama™ –a fast, compact line layout engine that provides a single set of high-level APIs to layout, position, substitute, and render text in all of the world’s languages — including complex scripts such as Arabic and Indic. Bitstream Panorama is a comprehensive text composition solution for international developers.
- Global Fonts – Bitstream offers both high-quality off the shelf fonts and custom fonts in all of the world’s languages, as well as the embeddable text rendering technologies for modern OEM products.
Bitstream will have important news at CTIA and is providing the following resources for media:
- A stand at ShowStoppers – held Monday, March 22 from 5:00 to 8:00 P.M. at the Renaissance Hotel, 3400 Paradise Road, Las Vegas. Press registration information for ShowStoppers is available at http://www.wirelessit.com/media/press_events.cfm.
- Online press kit available at http://bitstream.mobilitypr.com.
- Media availability of President and CEO Anna Magliocco-Chagnon and Vice President of Research and Development Sampo Kaasila.
The BOLT Mobile Browser has been named a finalist in Mobile Applications – Entertainment/Social Networking in the CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Awards. CTIA’s fifth annual E-Tech Awards program recognizes products in 15 categories in the areas of mobile consumer electronics, luxury mobile, applications, enterprise, green solutions and network technology.
E-Tech Awards winners will be announced at a ceremony hosted by Robert Mesirow, vice president and show director for CTIA and Tim Bajarin, president of Creative Strategies, on Wednesday, March 24 at 2:00 p.m. on the Exhibits Innovation Stage located in the Emerging Technology Zone on the International CTIA WIRELESS exhibit floor, North Hall.
To receive news under embargo or arrange meetings with Bitstream executives at CTIA WIRELESS, contact Bitstream media contacts:
- John Sidline (On site at CTIA): +1 503 989 5474 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Melissa Burns (On site at CTIA): +1 208 946 4849 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- All Bitstream media contacts can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bitstream Inc. develops software technologies and applications for the graphic art and mobile communications industries. Bitstream’s award-winning fonts and font technologies enable device manufacturers and application developers to render the highest quality text in any language, on any device, at any resolution. The company’s MyFonts brand is the world’s leading provider of fonts to consumers. Bitstream’s Pageflex brand enables marketers to easily produce customized communications in print, email, and online. The company’s latest offering is the BOLT mobile browser, which has been installed by millions of users worldwide since its release in February 2009. For more information visit www.bitstream.com.
Short URL for this post: http://mopr.us/b0