MARLBOROUGH, Massachusetts – MobilityWire® – October 4, 2010
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a leading developer of software that meets the challenging and ever-changing needs of mobile operators, device manufacturers, mobile application developers and consumers worldwide. The company will be showcasing its mobile technologies at the upcoming CTIA Enterprise & Applications in San Francisco, California, October 6 to 8 in booth 129. These mobile technologies include:
- BOLT™ – the only WebKit-based cloud-computing browser built for mobile phones of all types. Offering the highest quality page rendering and best over-the-air data compression ratio of any J2ME browser, BOLT provides the most fully featured browsing experience to all levels of mobile devices. With HTML5 and flash streaming video support, widget support, social networking integration, in-line text editing, tabbed browsing and a host of other advanced features, BOLT offers a feature-rich, desktop-style browsing experience even on entry-level mobile phones. It is compatible with virtually any handset that supports Java ME (commonly referred to as J2ME) including the BlackBerry platform; in other words BOLT works on lots of phones, from low-end handsets through high-end smartphones.
- Bitstream Font Fusion® – a font engine optimized for resource-constrained systems such as mobile handsets. It is the core font technology behind the BOLT mobile browser. A highly versatile font subsystem, Font Fusion renders high quality characters in any format, at any resolution, on any platform or device. The subsystem offers the fastest performance and best possible text output currently available.
- Bitstream Panorama™ –a fast, compact line layout engine that provides a single set of high-level APIs to layout, position, substitute, and render text in all of the world’s languages — including complex scripts such as Arabic and Indic. Bitstream Panorama is a comprehensive text composition solution for international developers.
- Global Fonts – Bitstream offers both high-quality off the shelf fonts and custom fonts in all of the world’s languages, as well as the embeddable text rendering technologies for modern OEM products.
Bitstream will have important news at CTIA and is providing the following resources for media:
- Online press kit available at http://bitstream.mobilitypr.com.
- Availability of President and CEO Anna Magliocco-Chagnon and Vice President of Research and Development Sampo Kaasila for media interviews.
- Follow BOLT on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/boltbrowser
To receive news under embargo or arrange meetings with Bitstream executives at CTIA Enterprise & Applications in San Francisco, contact Bitstream media contacts:
- John Sidline: +1 503 989 5474 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Melissa Burns: +1 208 946 4849 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- All Bitstream media contacts can be reached by email at email@example.com.
The acclaimed BOLT mobile browser has the most faithful rendering of Web pages of any browser in its class. This fast mobile browser quickly and accurately displays Web pages on mobile phones just as they would appear on desktop computers. BOLT is the only browser for mobile phones of all types to support streaming video from popular media sharing sites such as YouTube and MySpace. Based on the same WebKit rendering engine used by the iPhone’s Safari and Android’s Chrome browsers, BOLT is compatible with the majority of the world’s 4 billion mobile phones. BOLT features a patented split-screen viewing mode, intuitive keystroke shortcuts and copy/paste functionality, and offers a user-friendly, feature-rich mobile browsing experience for even entry-level mobile phones.
Bitstream Inc. develops software technologies and applications for the graphic art and mobile communications industries. Bitstream’s award-winning fonts and font technologies enable device manufacturers and application developers to render the highest quality text in any language, on any device, at any resolution. The company’s MyFonts brand is the world’s leading provider of fonts to consumers. Bitstream’s Pageflex brand enables marketers to easily produce customized communications in print, email, and online. The company’s latest offering is the BOLT mobile browser, which has been installed by millions of users worldwide since its release in February 2009. For more information visit www.bitstream.com.
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.us/g0