MARLBOROUGH, Mass. – MobilityWire® – February 8, 2011
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a leading developer of software that meets the challenging and ever-changing needs of mobile operators, device manufacturers, mobile application developers and consumers worldwide. The company will be showcasing its mobile technologies at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2011 (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, February 14 to 17 in stand 2D23. These mobile technologies include:
- BOLT™ – the only WebKit-based cloud-computing browser built for mobile phones of all types. Offering the highest quality page rendering and best over-the-air data compression ratio of any J2ME browser, BOLT provides the most fully featured browsing experience to all levels of mobile devices. With streaming video, widget support, social networking integration, copy and paste and a host of other advanced features, BOLT offers a feature-rich, desktop-style browsing experience even on entry-level mobile phones. It is compatible with virtually any handset that supports Java ME (commonly referred to as J2ME) including the BlackBerry platform; in other words BOLT works on lots of phones, from low-end handsets through high-end smartphones.
- Bitstream Font Fusion® – a font engine optimized for resource-constrained systems such as mobile handsets. It is the core font technology behind the BOLT mobile browser. A highly versatile font subsystem, Font Fusion renders high quality characters in any format, at any resolution, on any platform or device. The subsystem offers the fastest performance and best possible text output currently available.
- Bitstream Panorama™ –a fast, compact line layout engine that provides a single set of high-level APIs to layout, position, substitute, and render text in all of the world’s languages — including complex scripts such as Arabic and Indic. Bitstream Panorama is a comprehensive text composition solution for international developers.
- Global Fonts – Bitstream offers both high-quality off the shelf fonts and custom fonts in all of the world’s languages, as well as the embeddable text rendering technologies for modern OEM products.
Bitstream will have important news at MWC and is providing the following resources for media:
- A stand at ShowStoppers – held Sunday, February 13, 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. (17:00 to 19:30) at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I, Av. Diagonal 661 – 671 – 08028 – Barcelona. Contact info for press registration at ShowStoppers is available at http://www.showstoppers.com/?page_id=241
- A booth in the MWC exhibit Hall 2.0, Stand 2D23
- A microsite for news from MWC at https://sites.google.com/site/boltbrowsermwc/
- Online press kit available at http://bitstream.mobilitypr.com
- Virtual Press Office (VPO) press kit in conjunction with MWC
- Media availability of Bitstream executives, including:
- Anna Magliocco-Chagnon, CEO
- Sampo Kaasila, VP of Research and Development
To receive news under embargo or arrange meetings with Bitstream executives at MWC, please contact Bitstream media contacts:
- John Sidline (On site at MWC): +1 503 989 5474 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Holly Woolard: +1 503 360 7144 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Melissa Burns: +1 208 850 5939 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- All Bitstream media contacts can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensed by handset manufacturers and wireless operators around the world, the BOLT mobile browser delivers PC-style browsing with advanced features such as tabbed browsing, streaming audio and video, and integrated social networking in a relatively small application that is also the industry’s most feature rich mobile browser. BOLT is available for Java ME, BREW and BlackBerry devices and has already been installed on thousands of different handset models. BOLT’s WebKit based cloud computing infrastructure integrates easily with carriers’ billing and OSS systems, and significantly reduces infrastructure costs with its best-in-class data compression. The BOLT SDK allows any service provider the ability to create custom Web-enabled applications that run on the widest possible number of mobile phones. Wireless operators, handset OEMs and service providers should contact email@example.com to learn more about BOLT.
Bitstream Inc. develops software technologies and applications for the graphic art and mobile communications industries. Bitstream’s award-winning fonts and font technologies enable device manufacturers and application developers to render the highest quality text in any language, on any device, at any resolution. The company’s MyFonts brand is the world’s leading provider of fonts to consumers. Bitstream’s Pageflex brand enables marketers to easily produce customized communications in print, email, and online. The company’s latest offering is the BOLT mobile browser, which has been installed by millions of users worldwide since its release in February 2009. For more information visit www.bitstream.com.
# # #
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.us/iq