MARLBOROUGH, Mass. – MobilityWire® – March 14, 2011
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a leading developer of software that meets the challenging and ever-changing needs of mobile operators, device manufacturers, mobile application developers and consumers worldwide. The company will be showcasing its mobile technologies at the upcoming CTIA WIRELESS in Orlando, Florida, March 22 to 24 in booth 1922. These mobile technologies include:
- BOLT™ – the only WebKit-based cloud-computing browser built for mobile phones of all types. Licensed by wireless operators and handset manufacturers worldwide, BOLT offers the highest quality page rendering and best over-the-air data compression ratio of any Java ME (also referred to as J2ME) browser, BOLT provides the most fully featured browsing experience to all levels of mobile devices. With streaming video, widget support, social networking integration, copy and paste and a host of other advanced features, BOLT offers a feature-rich, desktop-style browsing experience even on entry-level mobile phones. It is compatible with virtually any handset that supports Java ME including the BlackBerry platform; in other words BOLT works on lots of phones, from low-end handsets through high-end smartphones.
- BOLT SDK – Bitstream will be debuting a new toolkit and reference framework for mobile app developers and large media companies to build Java applications with perfect rendering of Web-based content without the need for users to open external browsers.
Bitstream will have important news at CTIA and is providing the following resources for media:
- A stand at Pepcom’s MobileFocus® media event – held Tuesday, March 22 from 7:00 to 10:00 P.M. at the Peabody Hotel, 9801 International Drive, near the Orlando Convention Center. Press registration information for MobileFocus is available at http://www.pepcom.com.
- Online press kit available at http://bitstream.mobilitypr.com.
- Media availability of Vice President of Research and Development Sampo Kaasila, Director of Product Management Ritu Varma, plus senior members of Bitstream’s BOLT Browser team.
The BOLT Mobile Browser was a Mobile Applications winner of the 2010 CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Awards.
To receive news under embargo or arrange meetings with Bitstream executives at CTIA WIRELESS, contact Bitstream media contacts:
- John Sidline: +1-503-989-5474 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Holly Woolard (On site at CTIA): +1-503-360-7144 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Melissa Burns (On site at CTIA): +1-208-850-5939 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- All Bitstream media contacts can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Bitstream Inc. develops software technologies and applications for the graphic art and mobile communications industries. Bitstream’s award-winning fonts and font technologies enable device manufacturers and application developers to render the highest quality text in any language, on any device, at any resolution. The company’s MyFonts brand is the world’s leading provider of fonts to consumers. Bitstream’s Pageflex brand enables marketers to easily produce customized communications in print, email, and online. The company’s latest offering is the BOLT mobile browser, which has been installed by millions of users worldwide since its release in February 2009. For more information visit www.bitstream.com.
# # #
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.us/j9