MARLBOROUGH, Mass.– MobilityWire® – October 4, 2011
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a leading developer of software that meets the challenging and ever-changing needs of mobile operators, device manufacturers, mobile application developers and consumers worldwide. The company will be showcasing its BOLT™ Browser for Android™ phones and tablets at the upcoming CTIA Enterprise & Applications event in San Diego, California, October 11 to 13 in the Cloud Pavilion, booth #923.
These technologies include:
- A cloud powered Webkit architecture that offloads all the heavy lifting of Web content to the cloud, making it a fast and economical browser for wireless networks. The cloud computing architecture brings an accelerated Internet experience to the device for today’s complex Web content including HTML5 and AJAX. Over 20 million consumers using Android, Java, Blackberry and BREW devices have been taking advantage of BOLT’s cloud computing architecture for a rich, superior Web experience on their mobile devices.
- BOLT 3.0 for Android – Bitstream’s BOLT 3.0 for Android, currently in private beta, is built from the ground up with tight social networking integration, lightning fast surfing speed, streaming video and perfect rendering of Web-based content, among other advanced features. The company will showcase exciting enhancements for the Android platform at CTIA.
Bitstream will have important news at CTIA and is providing the following resources for media:
- A table at Pepcom’s MobileFocus® media event – held Tuesday, October 12 from 7:00 to 10:00 P.M. at the Marriott Marquis and Marina, 333 West Harbor Drive, near the San Diego Convention Center. Press registration information for MobileFocus is available at http://www.pepcom.com.
- Online press kit available at http://bitstream.mobilitypr.com.
- Media availability of Vice President of Research and Development Sampo Kaasila, Director of Product Management Ritu Varma, plus senior members of Bitstream’s BOLT Browser team.
The award-winning BOLT Mobile Browser with over 20 million installations in over 200 countries worldwide. Setting the industry standard, BOLT is the most advanced feature-rich mobile browser available for phones of all types.
- Melissa Burns (On site at CTIA): +1-208-850-5939 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Holly Woolard (On site at CTIA): +1-503-360-7144 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- All Bitstream media contacts can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Bitstream Inc. develops software technologies and applications for the graphic art and mobile communications industries. Bitstream’s award-winning fonts and font technologies enable device manufacturers and application developers to render the highest quality text in any language, on any device, at any resolution. The company’s MyFonts brand is the world’s leading provider of fonts to consumers. Bitstream’s Pageflex brand enables marketers to easily produce customized communications in print, email and online. The company’s latest offering is the BOLT mobile browser which has been installed by millions of users worldwide since its release in February 2009. For more information visit www.bitstream.com.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
# # #
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.co/rkqROh