MONT-TREMBLANT, QUEBEC and TORONTO, ONTARIO – September 23, 2008
- Cascada Mobile (www.cascadamobile.com) announced it has won the Red Herring Canada Top 50 Award
- The Red Herring Canada Top 50 Award honors the fifty most innovative and promising private technology companies in the country.
- Cascada Mobile was recognized for their innovation and development of the Breeze mobile application development platform, the simplest way to create, test and distribute mobile applications.
- With Cascada Mobile’s Breeze platform, developers can create mobile apps in as little as 15-minutes that can take full advantage of the functions and features of mobile phones and smartphones – from the address book and camera to the BlackBerry’s scroll ball.
- Breeze-built mobile applications are tested and ported to operate on hundreds of different device makes and models as well as hundreds of networks around the globe, making Breeze-created applications available and ready to run on well over a billion phones worldwide.
- Red Herring’s editorial staff rigorously evaluated the nominees on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, such as financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, execution of strategy, and integration into their ecosystem.
- This unique assessment of potential is complemented by a review of the actual track record and standing of a company, allowing Red Herring to see past the “buzz” and make the list an invaluable instrument for discovering and advocating the greatest business opportunities in the industry.
Alex Vieux, CEO of Red Herring
“Cascada Mobile’s innovation is its development platform which levels the playing field for content owners and developers with web skills to harness the enormous market potential for mobile applications that serve the 2 billion plus Java-based mobile phones already in use today around the world. The business opportunity for Cascada Mobile’s development platform, Breeze, and its mobile application portal, BreezeApps.com, coupled with the company’s management and execution of strategy impressed our panel of judges and made Cascada Mobile a clear choice for the Red Herring Top 50 award.”
Alan Lysne, CEO of Cascada Mobile
“As we’ve seen with Apple’s App Store for the iPhone, consumers worldwide want useful and engaging off-deck mobile applications for their phones, as long as there is a clear way to get the application on the device. Cascada Mobile enables developers with the most basic Web development skills to create, test, and distribute feature-rich mobile applications that work on the more than 2 billion Java enabled mobile phones in the market today. Breeze bridges the extensive gap between web and mobile application development and is delivering to consumers the fun and practical mobile apps they are seeking for the mobile phones they already own.”
About Cascada Mobile
Cascada Mobile offers the simplest method for creating and distributing mobile applications for the more than 2 billion mobile phones in use around the world. Cascada Mobile’s Breeze platform eliminates the enormous complexities of writing and distributing mobile applications to run on hundreds of different handset models and across more than 100 wireless operators worldwide. For more information on Cascada Mobile, the Breeze Platform, and the BreezeApps Store, please visit www.cascadamobile.com.
About Red Herring Canada
Red Herring Canada 2008 is an exclusive event, welcoming hundreds of technology leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, senior corporate executives, businesses, industry analysts, and observers from Canada and around the world.
About Red Herring
Red Herring is a global media company uniting the world’s best high technology innovators, venture investors and business decision makers in a variety of forums: a leading innovation magazine; an online daily technology news service; technology newsletters, and major events for technology leaders around the globe. Red Herring provides an insider’s access to the global innovation economy, featuring unparalleled insights on the emerging technologies driving the economy. For more information, visit www.redherring.com.
Shannon McCarthy (Agency)
+1 (310) 821-6100 x105 (office)
Technorati Tags: red herring | red herring top 50 | mobile application | mobile app | web development | programming | java | mobile java | java me | J2ME | widget | mobile widget | GSM | mobile phone | cell phone | mobile games