Dexterra Concert platform now available in separate editions to meet the specialized mobility needs of enterprises and carriers
Bothell, Wash. — November 17, 2008
- Dexterra, Inc. is a leading provider of software to automate and manage mobile workforces.
- Dexterra announced two new editions of its proven Dexterra Concert mobile development platform: the Dexterra Concert Enterprise Edition and Carrier Edition.
- Both editions support the new fully integrated Dexterra Field Service Suite also announced today.
- Dexterra Concert provides customers a single platform for mobile application development that integrates with enterprise back-office and legacy systems either behind corporate firewalls or as a hosted service from their wireless carrier.
- Dexterra Concert supports all market-leading devices and mobile operating systems, including Windows Mobile®, RIM BlackBerry®, and Symbian OS.
Dexterra Concert Enterprise Edition
The new Dexterra Concert Enterprise Edition offers businesses optimized performance, reliability and security for their mobile applications, along with new benefits in provisioning and administration.
- Dexterra Concernt now comes packaged in a streamlined version that simplifies deployment, provisioning and administration.
- The enhanced capabilities of the new Concert Enterprise Edition combine optimized performance and reliability with patent-pending two-factor security features to verify both mobile users and their devices.
- With the new enterprise edition, IT departments can use their existing infrastructure to deploy the Dexterra Concert Server securely behind their corporate firewalls to easily manage the communication between distributed mobile applications and backend data sources.
New Dexterra Concert Enterprise Edition features include:
- A development environment that accelerates the creation of flexible, process-driven mobile applications
- Prebuilt standards-based technology, database and application adapters for mobile integration with virtually all back-office systems
- Support for multiple mobile devices, including RIM BlackBerry, Symbian OS and Windows Mobile devices
- Internationalization and localization controls letting enterprises simultaneously operate mobile applications in multiple languages
- Patented data management mechanism streamlining workflow and protecting enterprise information
- Packaged training and enablement programs for accelerating mobile deployments
- Access to the Dexterra DevNetwork partner ecosystem’s rapidly expanding catalog of off-the-shelf and customizable mobile applications
Dexterra Concert Carrier Edition
The new Dexterra Concert Carrier Edition delivers the full capabilities and benefits of the new enterprise edition with the added ability to scale to support millions of mobile subscribers while integrating seamlessly with service providers’ billing systems.
- The carrier edition lets wireless service providers offer the Dexterra Concert Server and associated mobile applications in a hosted model to thousands of business customers, supporting millions of mobile workers.
- The carrier edition also enables wireless service providers to facilitate access to customers’ business data without having to store it, making it easy to package mobile applications as a service. By using the new carrier edition service providers can now experience the many benefits of the enterprise edition, plus:
- Support for mobile applications packaged and sold as billable services
- Multi-tenant support with carrier-grade scalability to millions of subscribers
- Customer care portal designed specifically for wireless carriers to comprehensively manage both services and subscribers
- Connection management controls and a customizable reporting engine to bill at the application or service level
- All mobile applications developed using Dexterra Concert will operate the same on any of the platform editions, allowing applications to be developed once and then made globally available through multiple distribution channels.
- The Vodafone Application Service offers both a pre-packaged and a fully customized mobile application capability to business customers.
The new Dexterra Concert Enterprise and Carrier Editions are immediately available. For more information, please visit
Rob O’Farrell, general manager of Mobile Platform and Tools at Dexterra
“The lack of mobile solutions specifically designed for the unique needs of enterprises and wireless carriers has been a limiting factor in mobile adoption and market growth. By creating separate editions of our Dexterra Concert platform, we meet the specialized mobility requirements of these two types of customers, accelerating their deployments, reducing overall costs, and increasing profits and productivity.”
Kitty Weldon, principal analyst, Current Analysis
“Enterprises are increasingly looking to reduce the costs and complex integration issues involved in mobile deployments, and Dexterra’s new Concert Enterprise Edition addresses the enterprise bottom line need for simplicity. Dexterra’s Concert Carrier Edition is a boon for service providers, opening new revenue streams through differentiated mobile service offerings that will increase the operator’s strategic value to their business subscribers.”
Mike Dunlap, director of IT, Parts Associates, Inc.
“The Dexterra Concert platform provides the flexible development environment and process-driven architecture that we required to build a
mobile sales management application that streamlines our field sales operations and integrates with our existing investments in Oracle’s PeopleSoft products. Although we started with processes that were 15 to 20 years old and heavily paper-based, we are now poised to continue to move forward with our mobile solution and adapt to meet the changing needs of our customers. I would even say that today we are ahead of the curve in technology adoption thanks, in large part, to working with Dexterra.”
Tony Bailey, head of Converged Solutions at Vodafone
“Built using the Dexterra Concert platform, the service supports a comprehensive mobile application strategy and differentiates Vodafone from other mobile network operators.”
The business mobility company™. Dexterra provides a broad portfolio of mobile applications built on its open mobility platform, Dexterra Concert™, that enables businesses worldwide to manage and optimize their mobile workforces. Dexterra supports the largest selection of mobile devices and integrates with the widest range of enterprise back-office systems in use today. Dexterra’s end-to-end solutions help companies large and small experience rapid deployments, greater returns, higher customer and user satisfaction, and a longer lifespan over any other competing solution.
Dexterra has operations in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and a vast network of global partners including AT&T, IBM, Motorola, RIM and Telstra. For more information, visit www.dexterra.com.
©2008 Dexterra, Inc. All Rights Reserved. “Dexterra” is a registered trademark, and “Concert” and “The Business Mobility Company” are trademarks of Dexterra, Inc. Other trademarks referenced are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mobilitywire