UMG to Provide Exclusive Content for New Flycell Website Featuring World’s Leading Latin Artists
NEW YORK, N.Y. – October 6, 2008
- Universal Music Group (UMG), the world’s leading music company, and Flycell, Inc., the popular mobile, online media and entertainment company, will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with the launch of a Spanish-language version of Flycell.com (http://espanol.flycell.com).
- As part of UMG’s preexisting agreement with Flycell, users of the new site will have access to the world’s broadest array of chart-topping Latin music superstars.
- Content on the new site will feature exciting new Spanish-language mobile products including exclusive voice tones and shout-outs from UMG artists.
- Hispanic Heritage Month began on September 15 and celebrates the contributions to the United States by people of Hispanic origin which, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, includes more than 44 million people or one in seven people living in the United States.
- This new collaboration between UMG and Flycell brings fresh content, including exclusive voice tones and shout-outs from artists like RKM and Ken Y, to Flycell’s new Spanish-language site, and features ringtones and other mobile media from today’s most popular Latin artists.
- With the latest in mobile media and entertainment to personalize cell phones offered all in one place, this new Spanish language website serves as a one-stop-shop for Spanish-speaking customers.
- Flycell delivers mobile entertainment and personalization on the fly to customers all across the globe.
- Whether it is ringtones, wallpapers, themes or games, everything people need for personalized mobile lifestyles is available on the Flycell website, www.flycell.com.
- To visit the Spanish-language version of Flycell.com and to download exclusive Universal Music ringtones and shout-outs, visit http://espanol.flycell.com.
Lindsey Weinger, Vice President of Web Experience at Flycell
“As the consumption of mobile entertainment continues to grow, Flycell is meeting the demands of our Spanish speaking customers and serving an ever broader audience with popular Latin-specific content including the most current ringtones and mobile media from artists like Enrique Iglesias, Luis Fonsi, Jenni Rivera, and Grupo Montez de Durango. What better time to introduce our Spanish-language offering than during the month dedicated to celebrating Hispanic heritage and culture?”
Skander Goucha, Vice President of Digital for Universal Music Latin Entertainment
“Latin Music remains one of the industry’s fastest growing and most dynamic genres, and we are committed to expanding the marketplace for it even further. Flycell continues to provide a dynamic platform for consumers to enjoy their favorite Latin music while giving our artists another significant online presence that creates an even closer connection with music fans.”
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group is the world’s leading music company with wholly owned record operations or licensees in 77 countries. Its businesses also include Universal Music Publishing Group, the industry’s leading global music publishing operation.
Universal Music Group’s record labels include Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, Emarcy, Fonovisa, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, Island Def Jam Music Group, Lost Highway Records, Machete Music, MCA Nashville, Mercury Nashville, Mercury Records, Philips, Polydor Records, Universal Motown Republic Group, Universal Music Latino, Universal Records South, and Verve Music Group as well as a multitude of record labels owned or distributed by its record company subsidiaries around the world. The Universal Music Group owns the most extensive catalog of music in the industry, which includes the last 100 years of the world’s most popular artists and their recordings. UMG’s catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). Universal Music Group also includes eLabs, its new media and technologies division; Bravado, its merchandising company; Twenty-First Artists, its full service management division; and Helter Skelter, its live music agency.
Universal Music Group is a unit of Vivendi, a global media and communications company.
Flycell, Inc. is a leading mobile and online media and entertainment destination. Flycell lets people from all walks of life personalize their phones with the mobile content that reflects their own unique tastes in entertainment, sports, games and more. The company partners with media companies and mobile network operators globally that utilize Flycell’s cutting edge multimedia applications and services. Headquartered in New York, N.Y. and launched in 2004, Flycell is a wholly-owned subsidiary of wireless services company Acotel Group (MIL: ACO). For more information concerning Flycell visit: http://www.flycell.com.