Peter Guber, John Kosner, David Hill, Tim Kring and Brian Seth Hurst Headline Event, Scheduled for December 7-8 in Universal City, CA
LOS ANGELES, Calif. and New Milford, Conn.– MobilityWire® – November 11, 2010
Unicomm, a leading event management company and The Bob Dowling Group today announced the lineup of keynotes for the upcoming inaugural LA Mobile Entertainment Summit™, scheduled for Tuesday-Wednesday, December 7-8 at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Universal City, CA. Headlining the event will be: Peter Guber, Chairman and CEO of Mandalay Entertainment; John Kosner, Senior Vice President & General Manager of ESPN Digital Media; David Hill, Chairman & CEO of Fox Sports Television Group; Tim Kring, Master Storyteller, Executive Producer “Heroes” and Tim Kring’s Conspiracy For Good), and Brian Seth Hurst, CEO of Opportunity Management Company.
Throughout two days of in-depth discussions, industry luminaries from studios, content providers, startups, brands, manufacturers, media outlets and technology companies will join leading market analysts to share best practices and provide a unique and thorough understanding of the exploding intersection of the mobile and entertainment worlds.
“With years of industry insight and experience to their credit, this prestigious group of Keynotes brings an unequaled strength to our discussion of the mobile and entertainment communities,” said conference co-chairman Bob Dowling.
“Our impressive lineup of keynotes and speakers establishes our footprint in the mobile space,” said John Golicz, President and CEO of Unicomm. “Just as we’ve accomplished in the 3D sector with the 3D Entertainment Summit™ and the 3D Gaming Summit™, our goal is to be the thought-leader in the mobile entertainment landscape.”
Speaker Lineup Includes:
- Steve Amato, Partner, Omelet LA
- David Apple, Chief Marketing Officer, Augme Technologies, Inc
- Pankaj Asundi, Vice President, Multimedia Strategy and Sales, Ericsson
- Joerg Bachmaier, SVP/GM Americas, Endemol Worldwide Brand
- Mike Breslin, VP Marketing, Glu Mobile
- Sheila Buckley, Senior Vice President of Digital Sales, The Weather Channel
- Michael Cai, VP Research, Interpret, LLC
- Cameron Clayton, Senior Vice President of Mobile & Digital Applications, The Weather Channel
- Geoffrey Colo, Producer, New Media, House M.D.
- Rex Cook, Founder/Chief Creative Director, Avatarlabs
- Ronan De Renesse, Senior Analyst, Screen Digest
- Mark Donovan, Senior Vice President, Mobile, comScore, Inc.
- Allison Dollar, Executive Director, Ita & Mobile Excellence Awards
- Curt Doty, EVP, Trailer Park Advanced Content Group
- Charlie Echeverry, Senior Vice President, Sales, Univision Interactive Media
- Thomas Ellsworth, CEO, GOTV Networks
- Natalie Farsi, Head of Mobile, Warner Brothers
- John Gaudiosi, Sr. Content Advisor, 3D Gaming Summit
- Robert Gelick , Senior Vice President & General Manager, CBS Mobile
- Jason Glaspey, VP of Product, Urban Airship
- Chris Hanada, Co-Founder, Retrofit Films
- Christoph Hoerenz, CMO, Fox Mobile Group
- John Heinsen, Co-Chair, New Media Committee, Producers Guild of America,
- Debra Kaufman, Senior Content Advisor, LA Mobile Entertainment Summit; Founder & Editor, Mobilized TV
- Tanner Kling, Co-Founder, Retrofit Films
- Jordan Kobert, Strategic Partnerships, Mobile, Google
- Ilja Laurs, CEO & Founder, Getjar
- Amber J. Lawson, Comedy Publisher, Bablegum
- Brandon Lucas, Vice President and General Manager, Bet Mobile
- Sol Masch, Director of Advertising, MTV
- Emery Morrison, Chief Content Officer, Deziak Entertainment, Salacious Streets TV
- Eric Rickson, Director Mobile Analytics, Webtrends
- Adrian Rubio, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Flycell
- Michael Scogin, Vice President, Wireless, MTV
- Gary Schwartz, CEO, Impact Mobile & Chair, MEF North America
- Lori Schwartz, Chief Technology Catalyst, McCann World Group
- Justin Siegel, CEO, Mocospace
- Matt Silk, Senior Vice President, Waterfall Mobile
- Gavin Throckmorton, MetroPCS
- Michele Tobin, VP of Sales, Entertainment, Millennial Media
- Francisco Varela, Head of Wireless Partnerships, You Tube
- Henry Vogel, CEO, Apptera
- Chuck Vanasse, CEO, Prio
- Aime Williams,Executive Director, Global Girl Media.
Official Sponsors of the LA Mobile Entertainment Summit™ include The Weather Channel, ESPN, Mocospace, GetJar, Millenial Media, Webtrends, Flycell, Apptera, Waterfall Mobile, Ericsson and AUGME Technologies, Urban Airship and [x] cube labs. Industry and media partners include Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), Mobilized TV, Fierce Mobile Content, Fierce Wireless, Fierce Developer, Mashable, Mobile Monday LA, Interactive Television Alliance, Screen Digest, ReadWriteWeb, Interpret, LLC , UCLA, School of Management, Parks & Associates, Gamerlive.tv and others.
Additional event supporters include The Mobile Excellence Awards, the most influential and coveted awards program in the industry, honoring the best of the best in mobile entertainment, technology, marketing and media. The MEA take place on Monday, December 6th, 2010 at the Legendary Paramount Studios. More information on the Mobile Excellence Awards can be found at http://www.mobilexawards.com”
For more information about speaking submissions, exhibiting, and sponsor opportunities, please visit: www.lamobilesummit.com or contact Gloria Lombardo, Sales Director, Mobile Entertainment Group at 203-878-2577 (x105) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unicomm LLC is an independent business-to-business communications company specializing in originating and managing world class trade shows and conferences in underserved and nascent markets. Founded in 1998 in Milford, CT, Unicomm enjoys an impressive track record of dozens of successful show launches and hundreds of event productions. Unicomm’s properties include the 3D Entertainment Summit™ and the 3D Gaming Summit™, both presented in association with Variety; the Los Angeles Times Travel & Adventure Show; the Adventures in Travel Expo in New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C. and Seattle, and the Green Travel Summit. For more information: www.unicomm.org.
The Bob Dowling Group - For 17 years through 2007, Bob Dowling was editor-in-chief and publisher of The Hollywood Reporter and president of the VNU Business Media Film and Performing Arts Group. During Dowling’s tenure, The Reporter launched numerous new products, including the HollywoodReporter.com Web site, e-mail edition, weekly edition, THR East, Literary Hollywood, Festival de Cannes dailies and the Oscar Screening Guide, as well as many annual events such as the Women in Entertainment Power 100 stand-alone issue and its related breakfast event, the Next Generation ranking of prominent young executives, the Film and TV Music Conference and the reorganized Key Art Awards. Dowling recently started his own information and consulting firm, the Bob Dowling Group, to serve clients looking to navigate the converging worlds of entertainment and technology.
Variety – Variety is the leading publication for business entertainment news, recognized and respected throughout the world of show business. The Variety Group – Daily Variety, Daily Variety Gotham, Weekly Variety and Variety.com – are all owned by Reed Business Information (RBI), the largest business publisher in the U.S. RBI is a member of the Reed Elsevier Group plc (NYSE: RUK and ENL).
The LA Mobile Entertainment SummitTM in association with Variety and in partnership with the Mobile Excellence Awards, the most influential and coveted awards program in the mobile industry, brings together the brightest minds in the mobile ecosystem for a two-day conference packed with in-depth, interactive discussions. More information can be found at www.lamobilesummit.com.
The 3D Entertainment SummitTM in association with Variety is the definitive conference devoted to examining and analyzing the burgeoning confluence of 3D and entertainment. The event attracts over 800 attendees representing a “who’s who” in 3D from top brands and all aspects of the entertainment community, draws international media coverage and boasts industry-leading sponsors. For more information on the event, please visit: www.3d-summit.com
The 3D Gaming SummitTM in association with Variety, the most recent addition to the entertainment industry series of events produced by The Bob Dowling Group and Unicomm, LLC, featured an all-star speaker roster of industry leaders this past April. Keynotes included producer Jon Landau (Avatar), director Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil), and executives Phil Eisler (NVIDIA) and Josh Greer (RealD). For more information: www.3dgamingsummit.com
PR & Media Contact for Mobile Entertainment Summit
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this post: http://mopr.us/h1