Ad-supported mobile gaming and social networking features are a winning combination
NEW YORK, NY & MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – NOVEMBER 26, 2007
Under the Radar Conference judges announced mobile gaming company Hovr won the “Judges Choice” award in the advertising category of the mobility-focused event organized by Dealmaker Media. The Under the Radar Conference took place on November 15 in Mountain View, California; showcasing applications and business practices at the forefront of the growing mobile technology market.
- Hovr was selected as one of 40 hot emerging mobile companies to participate in the Under the Radar conference.
- Each presenting company at the conference was given six minutes to sell their company’s value statement to the over 400 venture capitalists, media, executives, content developers and other industry leaders in attendance.
- Awards were distributed in eight categories, including social networking, infrastructure and Hovr’s winning sector, advertising.
- The sole criterion on which companies were evaluated by the panel of judges is which of the presenting companies in each sector stood the best chance of succeeding.
- The three conference judges for the advertising category were:
- To win the “Judges Choice” award, Hovr showcased its free mobile gaming service which offers millions of users from over 190 countries access to hundreds of ad-supported games for mobile phones; along with its MobileSpace social network.
- Judges had positive feedback on the Hovr ad-supported model, and specifically liked the way the Hovr service is leveraging compelling content with social networking elements to keep game players returning to the Website again and again.
- Hovr launched a new white label service earlier this month, allowing Web sites, portals and carriers worldwide to offer their users direct access to hundreds of free, ad-supported mobile games, all under their own brand.
Vipul Sawhney, CEO of Hovr
“The Judges Choice honor that Hovr was awarded validates the growing scope of ad-supported content, along with the value that the social networking elements of our site bring to users. Hovr aims to continue to innovate within the social gaming arena and bring to market new value added services to enhance our customers’ mobile gaming experiences. Participating in UTR allowed us to share that mission with the mobile community.”
About Hovr Inc.
Hovr is a mobile media company that marries the needs of advertisers seeking to reach the important and growing mobile demographic with the desires of mobile users wanting entertaining content and applications on their mobile phones. Hovr provides users with free ad-supported mobile content such as high-quality, fun-to-play mobile games. The Hovr MobileSpace social network lets users connect, compete and interact with their friends and other players in a compelling community environment. For more information visit www.hovr.com.
Hovr Home Page
Hovr Press Kit
Hovr Online Press Kit
Hovr’s Social Network
Technorati Tags: Hovr | MobileSpace | mobile games | mobile gaming | free | free games | free mobile games | social network | mobile social network | telecommunications | telecom | wireless | Gamejump | Greystripe