Hovr’s Mobile Gaming Social Network, MobileSpace, Named “Best Mobile Infotainment & Community” Service of the Year
NEW YORK, N.Y. — November 17, 2008
- Hovr Inc. (www.hovr.com), the successful ad-supported free mobile gaming service and social network, announced today that it won the 2008 Mobile Content Awards presented by the 2008 Mobile Content Conference in Seoul, South Korea.
- Hovr’s service and its mobile gaming community, MobileSpace, won the 2008 Mobile Content Award for “Best Mobile Infotainment and Community.”
- The Mobile Content Awards is an annual event that recognizes excellence in mobile content creation from companies across the globe.
- This year’s Mobile Content Awards judging panel was made up of 10 of the mobile content industry’s most recognized experts and most influential editors including Maarten Noyons, founder and CEO of the International Mobile Gaming Awards; Tim Green, executive editor, Mobile Entertainment; Justin Davis, editor in chief, Modojo; Kyle McInnes, editor in chief, QuicklyBored.com; and Hitotora Higashikuni, chairman of the Mobile Content Forum.
- Hovr offers players free ad-supported mobile games with the ability to engage in a social gaming community where users can find and interact with friends, compete and challenge each other in contests, participate in tournaments, message each other and build virtual avatars and goods.
- Hovr enjoys active participation by nearly 2 million registered users from over 190 countries, supporting more than 19 million mobile game downloads.
- Consumer-oriented web sites, mobile portals and carriers worldwide are also offering their users direct access to hundreds of free, highly entertaining, engaging, ad-supported mobile games, all under their own brand through the company’s “Powered by Hovr” service, creating significant new revenue opportunities through enhanced entertainment choices for end users.
- Beyond free mobile games, the Powered by Hovr white label service offers cutting edge online and mobile social networking features.
- Hovr’s social networking tools provide a whole new way for community members to connect and interact around mobile game play and the sharing of mobile content.
To try out Hovr’s award winning mobile gaming service visit www.Hovr.com on the Web or from your mobile phone.
Vipul Sawhney, CEO of Hovr
“South Korea is universally known to be the most connected country and a leader in wireless innovation and adoption. To be recognized by such an expert panel of judges in an event held in the most advanced wireless country in the world is strong affirmation of Hovr’s innovative approach to the social aspect of mobile content. Hovr will continue to innovate social gaming and enhance our customers’ mobile gaming experiences.”
Hovr is a mobile media company that marries the needs of advertisers seeking to reach the important and growing mobile demographic with the desires of mobile users wanting entertaining content and applications on their mobile phones. Hovr provides users with free ad-supported mobile content such as high quality, fun-to-play mobile games. The Hovr MobileSpace social network lets users connect, compete and interact with their friends and other players in a compelling community environment. For more information visit www.hovr.com.
About Mobile Content 2008
The Mobile Content 2008 conference and awards are held to lead progress in the mobile content industry and facilitate networking with the aim of exchanging information on mobile content, the core of the new media generation, while honoring the outstanding mobile content production in Game, Music & Video, and Infotainment & Community. For more information please visit http://www.mobilecontent.co.kr.