CUPERTINO, Calif. – MobilityWire® – October 4, 2011
mobeam, inc. (www.mobeam.com) announced today that it has closed a $4.9 million Series A venture round, receiving funding from yet2Ventures, Samsung Ventures and Mitsui, together with other independent investors. mobeam’s patented technology overcomes the technical barrier preventing mobile phones from interacting with the laser scanners used at retail locations around the world. Funds from this multimillion dollar funding round will be used to establish mobeam’s light based communications (LBC) technology as a new industry standard allowing mobile phones to interact with point of sale (POS) technology. mobeam is also using these new funds to accelerate business development efforts with major consumer and retail brands for mobile couponing and other broad mobile commerce initiatives.
mobeam Inc. is transforming mobile commerce with its unique and patented light based communications technology. mobeam technology takes barcodes, like those used on every item sold in retail stores and on billions of coupons each year, and converts them to a beam of light able to be read by every red laser barcode scanner already found at checkout in stores around the world. mobeam’s technology powers new capabilities for existing mobile phone designs, and requires no changes to retailer POS infrastructure.
mobeam will have important news at CTIA and is providing the following resources for media:
- A table at Pepcom’s MobileFocus® media event – held Tuesday, October 11 from 7:00 to 10:00 P.M. at the Marriott Marquis and Marina, 333 West Harbor Drive, near the San Diego Convention Center. Press registration information for MobileFocus is available at http://www.pepcom.com.
- Online press kit available at http://mobeam.mobilitypr.com.
- Media availability of Chief Executive Officer, Chris Sellers, and Chief Operating Officer, Marcia Donner.
To receive news under embargo or arrange meetings with mobeam executives at CTIA Enterprise & Applications, contact mobeam media contacts who will also be on site at CTIA:
- All mobeam media contacts can be reached by email at email@example.com
- John Sidline: +1-503-989-5474 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Holly Woolard: +1-503-360-7144 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Melissa Burns : +1-208-850-5939 (mobile, can receive text messages)
- Jessi McKain: +1-503-475-5277 (mobile, can receive text messages)
mobeam, inc. is transforming mobile commerce with its unique and patented light based communications technology. Overcoming the technical barrier preventing mobile phones from interacting with laser scanners at checkout, mobeam’s technology provides universal access at point of sale (POS), enabling the transmission of coupons, gift cards, tickets and other barcode data at retailers worldwide. mobeam’s technology powers new capabilities for existing mobile phone designs, and requires no changes to retailer POS infrastructure. mobeam is headquartered in Cupertino, California. For more information visit www.mobeam.com.
# # #
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.co/pmX9Or