Focused team, continued innovation and revitalized efficiency positions Redline as a leading player in ruggedized wireless for mission-critical networks
TORONTO, ON – MobilityWire® – March 29, 2012
Redline Communications Group Inc. (TSX: RDL), a leading provider of specialized broadband wireless solutions, today announced – together with its fourth quarter and full year 2011 earnings – that it has completed a strategic repositioning in a year marked by important milestones. The financial turnaround, which took the company from $11 million in red ink in 2009 to $4 million in profits in 2011, was achieved by new leadership, the company’s focus on innovation and its continued commitment to customers’ needs.
“The hallmark of Redline’s current success has been focus,” said Eric Melka, CEO of Redline Communications. “It was always apparent that several key markets depended on our solutions for strategic and mission-critical applications – particularly energy, military and public safety – so we focused our efforts on them. With extraordinary team effort and a total commitment to customers, Redline has emerged as the market-leading provider of ruggedized wireless infrastructure, where nothing else works.”
From arctic mountains to endless deserts, Redline’s Virtual Fiber™ solutions provide industries and governments with the ability to quickly and cost effectively deliver a blanket of secure, high speed connectivity over vast areas of terrain. Redline’s ruggedized wireless solutions enable machine-to-machine (M2M) applications, remote monitoring and other data services – even in the most inhospitable environments. The oil and gas market in particular has created significant opportunities for the company as major producers worldwide are wirelessly enabling “digital oilfields” in both new and existing fields – to substantially increase production.
In addition to reporting record revenues and profits in 2011, 2010 and 2011 were marked by a number of critical technology, business and deployment achievements, including:
- Deployed major digital oilfield projects in the Middle East and North America
- Chosen to provide secure wireless connectivity public safety operations at the 2010 G-20 Summit
- Delivered public safety wireless solutions to more than 25 Mexican municipalities
- Became the first product of its kind to receive Level 2 Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS) 140-2 certification, one of the highest security standards demanded by the U.S. government
- Expanded into new geographies by partnering with PromonLogicalis for South America, and with Plessey for greater coverage of the African market
- Opened a new branch office and warehouse facility in Dubai, UAE to expand existing presence in the Middle East, a key growth market; also signed a strategic partnership agreement with Waseela, a leading systems integrator in the Region
- Recognized in repeat listings on Branham Group’s list of Top 10 Canadian Wireless Solutions Companies
- Selected as top pick by a high-performing small-cap mutual fund, Pender Small Cap Opportunity Fund
To achieve the turn-around, Redline’s board of directors appointed board member Melka as CEO in 2010. Over the last two years Melka reduced costs, refocused the company on rugged secure systems for M2M communications, and strengthened its ability to support key vertical markets – namely energy, public safety and military – and achieved greater efficiencies in manufacturing. As a result, Redline Communications is now a significant player in the oil and gas market, enabling “digital oilfields” with M2M capabilities that automate and remotely monitor wells and pipelines in large-scale deployments where wired connectivity is either impractical or impossible, and at speeds not possible with other solutions such as satellite.
“At the core of our turn-around is the Redline Communications team and our customers,” added Melka. “I asked them to believe in our new direction because I believed in them. The result was more innovation, deeper market penetration and financial results worthy of a market leader. The Redline team will continue to work with our customers to innovate and deliver solutions, especially for the fast-growing M2M market which we believe will fuel our growth in the coming years.”
About Redline Communications
Redline Communications is the innovator of Virtual Fiber™, a specialized broadband wireless solution used to cost-effectively deploy and extend secure networks, enable M2M applications, connect digital oil fields and smart grids, facilitate and enhance public safety networks, and bring Internet access wherever and whenever it’s needed – regardless of terrain or how remote. For more than a decade Redline has delivered powerful, versatile and reliable wireless solutions to governments, militaries, oil and gas companies and telecom service providers through its global network of certified partners. For more information visit www.rdlcom.com.
# # #
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this press release online: http://mopr.co/GUJZR1