Talkster Named Red Herring Canada Top 50 Company
Red Herring Recognizes Talkster as one of the Most Promising and Innovative Technology Companies in the Country
MONT-TREMBLANT, QUEBEC and TORONTO, ONTARIO – September 29, 2008
- Talkster (www.Talkster.com) has announced it won the Red Herring Canada Top 50 award, honoring the company as one of the fifty most innovative and promising privately held technology companies in Canada.
- Talkster is the company bringing ad supported voice, text and image communications solutions to a global audience.
- Talkster was among hundreds of companies across Canada nominated for this award.
- Nominees were rigorously evaluated by Red Herring’s editorial staff on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, such as financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, execution of strategy and integration into their ecosystem.
- This unique assessment of potential is complemented by a review of the actual track record and standing of a company, allowing Red Herring to see past the “buzz” and make the list an invaluable instrument for discovering and advocating the greatest business opportunities in the industry.
- Talkster’s award winning voice technologies are revolutionizing ad-supported telephony with a fully sustainable mobile advertising supported business model which benefits both callers and advertisers.
- Talkster’s Free World Dialing™ service for consumers is the only service for making long distance, international, and group conference calls from any type of phone, on any network, for the cost of a local call. The Talkster white-labeled service, Talkster Platform, brings instant mobile voice and text communications to online communities around the globe.
Alex Vieux, CEO of Red Herring
“Red Herring recognized Talkster for its groundbreaking communications platform that lets the mobile phone serve as the communications hub for all of a person’s voice and text communications and contact lists. Talkster’s innovation, global availability and proven advertising-based business model makes its service compelling, viable and desirable for individuals and online communities all over the world. Talkster embodies the very innovation and promise Red Herring recognizes with our Top 50 Award.”
James Wanless, COO of Talkster
“While Talkster earned this award for services we already have available for consumers and online communities, we are even more excited about what we are going to be introducing in the months ahead. During our Red Herring presentation we previewed coming innovations from Talkster in the areas of user-generated mobile advertising, mobile presence, and unified voice and text messaging which were incredibly well received by the attending conference audience of leading technology executives and investors. Stay tuned to hear more from Talkster on these new innovations as we roll them out publicly in the coming months.”
Talkster’s award-winning technologies are revolutionizing voice, text and image communications. Talkster’s ad-supported approach brings free communications services that work on any phone to a global audience. Millions of calls have been placed using Talkster’s Free World Dialing™ consumer offering, and online communities are turning to Talkster for an easy plug and play revenue-generating solution that delivers voice and mobile services for their members. For more information visit Talkster on the Web at www.Talkster.com, from your mobile phone at http://free.talkster.com, or from your iPhone at http://i.talkster.com.
About Red Herring Canada
Red Herring Canada 2008 is an exclusive event, welcoming hundreds of technology leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, senior corporate executives, businesses, industry analysts, and observers from Canada and around the world.
About Red Herring
Red Herring is a global media company uniting the world’s best high technology innovators, venture investors and business decision makers in a variety of forums: a leading innovation magazine; an online daily technology news service; technology newsletters, and major events for technology leaders around the globe. Red Herring provides an insider’s access to the global innovation economy, featuring unparalleled insights on the emerging technologies driving the economy. For more information, visit www.redherring.com.
- Shannon McCarthy (Agency)
+1 310-821-6100 x105 (office)
Web site: http://www.herringevents.com/canada08/Canada50.html
Technorati Tags: Canada | Canadian | red herring | innovation | award | red herring top 50 | tech company | technology company | high tech | free calls | free long distance | free international calling | long distance rates | long distance | telephone | phone | calling cards