Tektronix Expands Its Family of Solutions for Network-Wide
Video Quality Monitoring
BEAVERTON, Ore. – MobilityWire® – August 27, 2012
Tektronix, an industry-leading innovator of video quality monitoring solutions, today unveiled Sentry Edge II, the latest offering in the Tektronix award-winning line of Sentry® Video Quality Monitors. Sentry Edge II detects RF modulation and Transport Stream errors generated by equipment errors or failures. With Sentry Edge II, video service providers (VSPs) now have access to the information needed to proactively monitor RF, before issues affect subscribers.
Sentry Edge II is a high-performance, scalable solution for post-QAM monitoring in the dynamic video environment, where quick problem isolation and resolution are essential. VSPs can use Sentry Edge II at the hub, headend or wherever QAM is used. Comprehensive and industry-leading high-quality RF measurements make it easier and faster to pinpoint issues. For example, high quality MER measurements up to 41dB allow providers to detect signal quality degradation sooner, so they can take action before this issue impacts the subscriber’s viewing experience.
Providers’ business requirements were also taken into account in designing the product. Sentry Edge II offers more tuners per unit than competing products, lowering the cost of edge monitoring. Providers can choose from two high-density models—4 or 8 tuners—both designed to minimize rack space and power costs. RF signals up to 1GHz can be monitored, allowing monitoring of the additional services that providers have added to grow their business. QAM A, B, and C support meets providers’ requirements worldwide.
“The video and audio errors that can ruin subscribers’ QoE can originate anywhere in today’s increasingly complex networks, so monitoring network-wide is vital for resolving these errors before they impact subscribers,” said Eben Jenkins, general manager, Video Product Line at Tektronix. “The advanced monitoring capabilities of our new Sentry Edge II ideally complement the other members of the Sentry family, enabling video service providers to comprehensively monitor video content from the ‘source to the edge’ of their networks.”
Sentry Edge II’s high-performance design delivers high-quality RF measurements in the dynamic video network environment. It addresses providers’ highest priorities:
- Its high-density design (4- or 8-tuner 1RU models) minimizes rack space and power costs, providing a cost-effective solution that lets providers monitor more of the network edge;
- Remote management of RF and Transport Stream measurement collection allows providers to avoid the time and expense of gathering measurements in the field;
- High Ultimate MER allows quick detection when signal quality is inadequate to be demodulated by the set-top box;
- Comprehensive, high-quality RF measurements enable rapid problem isolation. These measurements include RF lock indication (including LED on rear panel); Input signal level (channel Power); EVM; MER; CNR; Carrier offset, Pre-FEC BER and Post-FEC uncorrectable TS packet count. Constellation diagrams are also provided.
- The ability to monitor up to 1GHz lets providers monitor all their services, including new services added to grow their business.
Sentry Edge II is available now. Contact your local sales director or sales engineer for more information.
For more information about Sentry visit http://www.tek.com/products/video-test/digital-content-monitors.html or call 310.227.8620.
For more than sixty five years, engineers have turned to Tektronix for test, measurement and monitoring solutions to solve design challenges, improve productivity and dramatically reduce time to market. Tektronix is a leading supplier of test equipment for engineers focused on electronic design, manufacturing, and advanced technology development. Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Tektronix serves customers worldwide and offers award-winning service and support. Stay on the leading edge at www.tektronix.com.
# # #
Tektronix is a registered trademark of Tektronix, Inc. All other trade names referenced are the service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Follow MobilityWire news releases on Twitter:
Short URL for this post: http://mopr.co/PhU8iQ