32 mobility startups to be selected to present to an expert panel and audience of industry influencers
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — July 23, 2008
- Dealmaker Media is announcing a CALL FOR COMPANIES for Under the Radar: Mobility
- Under the Radar: Mobility is a one-day event featuring 32 emerging mobility technology startups held on November 12, 2008, at the Microsoft Campus in Mountain View, CA.
- Companies that submit by July 30, 2008 will receive priority consideration for early acceptance.
- Under the Radar: Mobility will uncover 32 vetted, test-driven startups that have launched within the year in hot sectors such as iPhone apps, location-based services, mobile gaming, mobile social networking, enabling technologies and mobile marketing/advertising.
- Selected companies will receive expert advice and guidance on messaging and positioning along with assistance in preparing their presentations from Mobility Public Relations.
- A panel of industry experts as well as audience members will vote to award companies believed to stand the best chance of success. Awards will be given in each conference category as well as a best of show award, and presented at the end of the conference.
Who’s in the Audience
- Now in its 12th series, Under the Radar features an audience of media, business executives, venture capitalists and industry influencers seeking to discover tomorrow’s leading tech companies.
- Presenting companies will also be in front executives from major carriers, including Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
- Presenting companies have come from all over the globe.
- Past Under the Radar successes include Flickr, Loopt, LinkedIn, MobiTV, Photobucket, Blinkx, Glu Mobile, Sling Media, Userplane, Zimbra and more.
- Past mobile presenters have gone on to raise $430 million in financing, while others have been acquired or inked strategic partnerships.
- To nominate a company to present, complete the online form at http://www.undertheradarblog.com/utr_nomination_form.html.
CEO of Dealmaker Media
“While the perception may be that Under the Radar is a conduit to venture capital, the conference is really a conduit to making business deals. When we put together the Under the Radar conference, we work to ensure that all of the pieces needed to make and close a deal are not only present in one room, but are also ready to make deals happen. So whether a company is trying to get a meeting to present your technology to carriers, is trying to raise money or find other business development partners, the right people are attending Under the Radar and looking to make deals happen. After all, we are Dealmaker Media.”
CEO of Hovr, 2007 winner of the Under the Radar Judges Choice Award for Mobile Advertising
“The Judges Choice honor that Hovr was awarded validates the growing scope of ad-supported content, along with the value that the social networking elements of our site bring to users. Hovr aims to continue to innovate within the social gaming arena and bring to market new value added services to enhance our customers’ mobile gaming experiences. Participating in UTR allowed us to share that mission with the mobile community.”
About Dealmaker Media
Dealmaker Media operates at the intersection of business, technology, venture capital, and the future. Our conferences, roundtables, blogs, and research are designed to inter-connect CEOs, technology executives, investors, analysts and press. Dealmaker Media brings dealmakers together with one ultimate goal: to get the deal done. For more information visit www.undertheradarblog.com.